This is a white chocolate brownie. I love to use Whittakers white chocolate and macadamia chocolate in this recipe. Of course if you need it to be nut free just omit the nuts and use plain white chocolate. Feel free to add other favourite ingredients ie. berries and marzipan 🙂
- 225g Butter at room temperature
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 2 cups white macadamia chocolate – chopped
- (or you can use 1 cup white chocolate and 1 cup of your preferred nuts lightly toasted and chopped)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Lightly grease and flour a 20cm – 30cm baking pan
- In a stand mixer, cream together the brown sugar and butter until smooth
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, and blend until totally incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and mix.
- Add in the flour and mix to combine completely
- Don’t forget to stop the machine and scrape the sides of the bowl and the paddle attachment. It is really important not to have streaks through the mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate (and nuts).
- Tip the batter into the pan and use a spatula to even out the surface.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Cool in the tin for around 10 minutes
- Turn the brownie out by placing a wire rack over the tin and turning it upside down (if you have greased the tin properly it should fall out easily!)
- Cool if you have the will power and then slice into squares or triangles (and watch out for sneaky little fingers)
Tip[br]: Another great recipe for Easter – perfect for picnics and the Bach!