Carrot Fritters with Cucumber and Chilli Jam
A deliciousy easy snack or quick and simple lunch for Mum's on the run. Everyone gets their vitamin intake without even knowing - how could something so tasty be healthy too!!
- ½ red onion
- 1 large carrot
- 50g cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs (medium size)
- 2 Tbs plain flour
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch cumin
- Marlborough sea salt flakes
- handful of coriander leaves
- Olive Oil
- ½ telegraph cucumber, sliced thinly with a mandolin
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Finely chop the onion.
- Grate the carrot and the cheese.
- Place the vegetables and cheese in a bowl and add the lightly whisked eggs, flour, spices, coriander and seasoning.
- Mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Gently heat some olive oil in a frypan and cook dollops of fritter mixture over a medium heat.
- Mix the salt and sugar together and sprinkle over the cucumber to pickle.
- Let it rest for around 10 - 15 minutes.
- If the flavour is to strong you can gently wash the brine away before using.
- Serve with Chilli Jam or your favourite Chutney