CC’s Best Soft Boiled Eggs
Christopher loves boiled eggs but they have to be firm on the outside with gooey yolks. So we have read many stories and tried many ways and this is definitely the best. This time we thank David Chang who gives us the 5:10 eggs in his book Momofuku
- What you need to do:
- – Get the eggs ready and on the bench (on a plate so they don’t roll off!)
- – 1 large saucepan filled with water
- – 1 large bowl filled with water and ice
- – 1 slotted spoon
- – 1 timer
- – Set the timer for 5:10 but don’t start it. Put the saucepan of water on the stove and bring the water to the boil. Make sure it is really boiling and then put the eggs into your slotted spoon and gently lower them into the water. Now quickly start the timer.
- – When the timer rings, grab the slotted spoon and lift the eggs straight out of the water and into the ice and water you have ready. Don’t forget to turn the heat off.
- – In a couple of minutes you will be able to pick up the eggs and peel them. You need to be gentle because they are very fragile. You can feel how soft the yolk is going to be. Make sure you cook more than one because you will definitely want to eat more!!