Feijoa Muffins with lime syrup
Feijoa's keep appearing in my doorstep - and no complaints from me!! Here is a deliciously simple muffin recipe - should be able to use up around 10 -12 feijoas for this one!!
- 3 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1¼ cups milk
- 10 feijoas - to yield around 1½ cups
- 2 tsp vanilla essense
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 2 Tbs sugar
- Heat the oven to 180C
- Mix flour and sugar together in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Blend together the eggs and milk and cooled butter.
- Chop the feijoas finely - almost mash but not quite.
- Blend feijoas and the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Divide the mixture into 18 well greased muffin pans.
- Pop in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Whilst cooking gently heat the lime juice and sugar to dissolve the sugar.
- Pull the muffins out of the oven and after a couple of minutes brush them with the syrup.
- Serve with grated lime zest as a garnish.