Lemon 'no bake' Cheescake
This is such an easy dessert - the kids can make it and it can still look elegant and "grown up". It is very sweet so it needs a tart accompaniment to balance the sweetness. You can play around with the flavours - we just love lemon but you could use any freeze dried powder to create a variation.
- 250g digestive biscuits
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 100g butter, melted
- 380g cream cheese
- 1 lemon, grated zest
- 4 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 395g can of condensed milk
- Pam spray 12 standard muffin cups. Line with two rectabgle strips of baking paper
- Process the cookies and spices in a food processor until they are like a powder.
- Add the melted butter and process to combine.
- Press some crumb mixture into the bottom of the muffin cups and up around the sides. Press with your fingers so that the crumb is even.
- Place in the fridge whilst you make the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese, lemon zest and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Add the condensed milk and lemon juice and beat for 5-6 minutes until the mixture is completely homogeneous.
- Pipe the filling into the crumb cups and refrigerate for a couple of hours to set.
- Lift out of the molds and carefully peel off the baking paper.
Tip: Serve with a tart raspberry coulis as they are quite sweet!!