A delicious 'girlie' lunch or side dish. Colourful and as visually appealing as it is tasty. The flavours are a hit for the whole family!
- 5 red capsicum
- olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs capers
- 3 anchovies
- Mixed fresh herbs (eg. parsley; basil; coriander), roughly chopped
- 1-2Tbs Balsamic vinegar (or Vincotto or other vinegar of choice)
- Heat the oven to 180C
- Place the whole capsicums on an oven tray and place in the heated oven for around 30 minutes.
- Check and turn them over as needed - you want the skin black and the flesh soft.
- Tip - these can be done over a naked flame if you prefer - or under/over a hot grill
- Remove the capsicums and when cool enough to handle, carefully rub off the skin.
- Slice into generous strips.
- Meantime, sweat the onions off in a frypan, until they are soft.
- Add in the garlic and anchovies and cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Add in the capers and capsicums and stir together.
- Take off the heat and stir through the vinegar and herbs to serve
- This can be served warm; at room temperature or cold with crusty bread to turn it into a Summer dish!