These are big in colour and flavour. They are perfect for Christmas time but also for the rest of the year!! Only 2 tablespoons of sugar in these because all the dried fruit gives enough sweetness – and the cookies taste super healthy!
These are a soft cookie – not a crunchy one. If you prefer them a little crunchier then you can use white sugar instead of the brown sugar as the brown sugar makes a softer, moister cookie.
175g soft butter
2 Tbs brown sugar (or caster sugar if you prefer)
1/2 tsp vanilla – or scrape 1/2 a vanilla pod)
225g plain flour
70g pistachios chopped
15 dates, presoaked in warm water for 2 hours
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add in the vanilla and flour and mix.
- Add all the fruit and nuts and mix to create a lovely soft dough.
- Lump the dough onto some gladwrap and as you wrap it, form it into a long log shape.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours (or into the freezer for 30 minutes)
- Slice your log into biscuit wedges and place on a tray.
- Cook for 15 – 20 minutes until they are golden.
- Cool on the tray as they will firm up as they cool.