Quick and Healthy Noodle Salad
A group of us served this salad at Ronald McDonald House in Auckland on the 13th March 2013. The families loved it and so I decided to share the recipe here - it is simple, healthy and delicious!!
- 300g Dried Egg Noodles
- 2 Spring onions - shredded
- ½ cucumber - peeled and sliced thinly into matchsticks
- 1 carrot - grated or sliced into matchsticks
- 1 long red chilli finely chopped
- 1 cup mint and coriander leaves
- 2 kaffir lime leaves finely shredded (can omit)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs fish sauce
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- beansprouts, fried shallots, fried peanuts, Chinese chives
- Cook the noodles according to the directions on the packet.
- Drain the noodles and toss under running cold water.
- Place the noodles and vegetables together in a large bowl.
- Toss to combine.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients.
- To serve pour the dressing over the salad and then add whichever toppings you like.