Tropical Yoghurt Cup Cakes
These are a great afternoon tea or party snack. They are predominantlly banana but have little gems of pineapple and are super moist due to the yoghurt. Top with a tropical icing of your choice. Think of different ways to serve food to create surprise – helps with the enjoyment!!
- 180g unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 3 eggs
- 360g mashed banana
- 1/2 cup crystallised pineapple pieces
- 185g strawberry yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 375g self raising flour
- 115g butter, at room temp
- 100g cream cheese
- 1Tbs glucose
- 200g icing sugar
- freeze dried strawberry powder
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the glucose and mix.
- Add the icing sugar and strawberry powder and beat until smooth and homogenous.
- Pipe onto the cooled cakes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Fill muffin tins with paper liners.
- Cream the butter, honey, sugar and vanilla in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, until pale and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl frequently.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well to ensure a creamy smooth mixture.
- Change to a paddle attachment.
- Add in the banana and pineapple and mix to blend.
- Combine the yoghurt and bicarb soda in a bowl.
- Sift the flour
- Add the flour and yoghurt mixture alternatively into the batter mixing on very low speed to just combine.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cream Cheese Icing
Tip: Do not over beat.[br]Divide the mixture into the muffin cases to around 1/2 fill to ensure even tops.