My Step Dad, Tom, makes us waffles amd we all love them - crispy on the outside and gooey soft on the inside - I love the little ridges which collect pools of syrup or goodies like blueberries
- 250g self raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tb sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- ½ cup melted butter (or oil)
- 2 cups milk
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Separate the eggs.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Mix together the egg yolks, milk and butter/oil and stir slightly.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well with a whisk.
- Fold in beaten egg whites softly.
- Cook in waffle iron or a Le creuset griddle pan.