Kumara and Tofu Dumplings
Recipe Type: Starter
A delicious Vegetarian dumpling
- I packet of fresh dumplings wrappers
- 2 kumara, peeled, cubed and roasted with chilli flakes
- 50g cabbage- finely shredded and chopped
- 1/2 onion – finely chopped
- 100g tofu crumbled
- 1/2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbs cooking sake
- 1/2 Tbs sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbs oyster sauce
- 1 Tbs potato starch (or cornflour)
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- small knob ginger, grated
- Smash the roasted kumara to mash. Combine all the filling ingredients in a bowl. Combine all the marinade ingredients and pour over the filling. Use your hands to mix well together. Add enough starch to bind.
- Take a teaspoon of mixture and place in the centre of a wrapper. Wet your fingers and run around the outside rim of the wrapper. Fold into a half moon shape and pinch together – you can keep them simple or pleat them!
- Heat a little oil in a deep frypan. When the oil is hot, gently put the rows of dumplings into the oil and caramelise their bases. This will take around 2 minutes. Once your dumplings are coloured underneath, carefully pour enough boiling water into the frypan to come up to about half-way. The dumplings will steam in this water. Cover the pan and allow to steam for around 3-4 minutes. Check one dumpling to make sure the filling is cooked through!
Please follow and like us: