Beetroot and Pistachio Salad
This is a wonderful salad to make if you only need small portions. Hand grate the beetroot rather than using a processor - it gives you the real sense of the salad being raw and wholesome.
- 1 beetroot peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup roasted pistachios shelled (weigh after shelling)
- 1 orange zested with a microplane, plus 1/8 cup of the juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- freshly cracked garlic herb salt
- 25 g Puhoi Valley goats cheese (or other chevre style goats cheese)
- several Vietnamese mint leaves finely chopped (or flat leaf parsley)
Peel the raw beetroot and grate. Add a crack of the salt.
Chop the pistachios roughly and add to the beetroot.
Add the zest of the orange, the juice and olive oil into a small recycled jar. Shake to combine.
Add to the salad and mix to combine.
Transfer to a clean plate or bowl and top with crumbled goats cheese and the herbs.
Please follow and like us: