CC’s Honey Mustard Pork Patties
- 250g trim NZ Pork fillet stir-fry
- 1 Courgette
- 2 Shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 sprig rosemary
- a decent squirt of honey mustard
- 1/2 – 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- – Mince the pork at home. This is SO MUCH fun 🙂
- – Grate the courgette
- – Finely chop the rosemary
- – Finely chop the shallots
- – Mince the garlic (or crush it)
- – Make your own breadcrumbs with a bread roll and a stick blender – so cool!
- – Put the minced pork, grated courgette, chopped rosemary and shallots, garlic and honey mustard in a bowl.
- – Add in the cracked egg and 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.
- – Combine again with the spoon. With a deep breath plunge your clean hands into the mixture and mush it together. If it feels too wet and sticks too much to your fingers then add more breadcrumbs.
- – You need to make little pattie shapes so it can’t be too wet and sticky.
- – Mold the mixture into little balls and squash them into patties. Then place in the fridge until ready to BBQ or fry in a pan.
- To cook:
- – Your Dad can do these on the BBQ – not too hot and for about 8 – 10 minutes should do. You want a nice golden colour on the outside and a soft but cooked through pattie.
- – If you want to cook them inside then heat some regular oil in a frypan. Put the patties very carefully into the warm oil. Cook for about 4 minutes and then turn them over and cook for another 4 minutes. If you are worried about whether they are cooked then cut one in half and check that the meat is white all the way through – then you can eat it!!
- Serve with extra honey mustard or apple sauce 🙂