Char Siu Beef in Lettuce Cups
I served this at a function and have had so many positive comments that I thought I had better give up my secret - IT IS SO EASY!!!!!! Enjoy making it guys........
- 100 g Vermicelli Noodles
- 1 Tbs grape seed oil
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 400 g beef mince
- 1 small knob of ginger grated on a microplane
- 1/4 cup Chinese Rice Wine Shaohsing - available at Asian produce stores
- 1/4 cup Char Siu Sauce Lee Kum Kee brand at Supermarkets
- 1 head broccoli - broken into florets
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts chopped
- 1 red chilli sliced
- coriander leaves
- Iceberg Lettuce - leaves used as cups for serving
Heat the kettle and once boiled, pour the boiling water over the Vermicelli until the noodles are soft. Drain and put aside.
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Drop in the broccoli florets for 1-2 minutes to blanch them. Drain. Plunge the florets into a bowl of ice cold water. Drain again and set aside.
Heat oil in a large wok or frypan. Add the garlic, beef and ginger and cook until the beef is evenly browned.
Add the Chinese rice wine and Char Siu Sauce. Simmer for 1 minute.
Add in the blanched broccoli. and stir to warm through.
Separate the lettuce leaf cups. Pop some noodles into the base of your lettuce cup.
Top with some beef mixture.
Garnish with the peanuts, chilli and coriander according to your taste.
Please follow and like us: