A Cheesy Potato Gratin
Recipe Type: side
Creamy and delicious – a family favourite! It is funny when you go to an enormous amount of effort over dinner and then find it is the simplest dish that is the hit!!
- 600ml thickened cream
- 2 bay leaves
- 1.5 kilos potatoes’ peeled
- sea salt and pepper
- soft butter
- 120g tasty cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Put the cream and bay leaves in a large pot and bring to the boil. Reduce by a third.
- Using a mandolin, slice the potatoes at the thinest setting.
- Add the potatoes into the cream mixture and bring to the boil. Once boiled take the pot off the stove.
- Grease an oven proof dish with the soft butter.
- Pile half of the potatoes and cream into the dish – season generously and cover with half the cheese.
- Top with the rest of the potatoes and cream. Season and top with the remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 45 minutes until golden and tender.