NZ Wagyu Beef Skewers with Asian Slaw
This is a quick, easy and delicious Summer style, BBQ dish that can be whipped up in under 30 minutes
- 500 g NZ Wagyu Beef Rump trimmed and sliced thinly
- 2 lemongrass stalks finely chopped or grated
- 2 cm piece of ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Tbs oyster sauce
- 2 tsp Xaosing wine or Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Tbs fish sauce
- 2 tsp grated palm sugar
- 1/2 red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 carrot. julienned
- 4 spring onions thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup toasted peanuts chopped
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbs palm sugar
- 1 Tbs toasted black sesame seeds
Using a large non reactive bowl, combine the beef, lemongrass, ginger, oyster sauce, vinegar, fish sauce and sugar together. Use your hands to massage the marinade into the beef and set aside for 15 minutes.
Thread the beef slices onto skewers and lightly spray with oil. Fry or BBQ for 2 minutes per side and then set aside on a platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Combine the cabbage, carrot, spring onions and peanuts in a bowl. Mix dressing ingredients together in a jar and shake. Use your hands to toss together with the slaw.