Recipe Type: Treats
I noticed I had 1/2 cup of ricotta left after I made the Easter pie so I thought I would whip up a batch of cookies with ricotta – they are half cookie and half cake and rather moorish!
- 50g butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 30g beaten egg (may only need 1/2 egg!)
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 125g Cream Cheese original
- 25g butter
- 11/2 cups icing sugar (sifted)
- 1Tbs liquid glucose
- 1 Tbs favourite freeze dried fruit powder
- Enjoy with a cup of tea or a glass of champagne – depending on the occasion!
- Heat the oven to 180C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- In a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar for 5-6 minutes until soft and fluffy
- Add the egg, ricotta and vanilla and beat until all ingredients are smoothly mixed
- Add the flour, baking powder and soda and beat until well blended and homogenous
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared tray
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until just golden.
- Cool on wire racks
- In a stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and butter until soft
- Add the icing sugar and vanilla and fruit powder and mix together to blend
- Add the glucose and mix to a silky glossy mixture
- Spoon the icing into a prepared icing bag or ziplock bag with the corner cut
- Pipe generous dollops of icing onto each cookie.