Spicy Chicken Dumplings
These dumplings are so delicious that you will eat them all and only realise it when there are none left so make plenty!
- 200 g Ground Chicken
- 100 g Cabbage - finely shredded
- 1 Onion - finely chopped
- several chives - chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- small knob ginger - grated
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbs cooking sake
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 Tbs oyster sauce
- 2 Tbs potato starch or cornflour if thats all you have in the cupboard
- 40 round dumpling skins
- grape seed oil
- boiling water
- Prepare all the filling ingredients and combine in a non reactive bowl.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients and pour over the filling. Use your hands to mix well together.
- Take a teaspoon full of the mixture and place in the centre of a wrapper. Wet your fingers and run around the outside rim of the circle. Fold into a half moon shape and pinch together - you can keep them simple or you can pleat one side against the other.
- Once you have all the dumpling mixture wrapped then you can freeze them or store them in the fridge or cook them straight away!
- Heat some grapeseed oil in a frypan with a decent rim.
- Once the oil is hot, gently put rows of dumplings into the oil to caramelise their bases. This will take around 2 minutes.
- Once your dumplings are coloured underneath, carefully pour enough boiling water into the frypan to come up to about half way. The dumplings will ‘steam’ in this water.
- Cover the pan and allow to steam for around 3 minutes. You can check one dumpling to make sure that the filling is cooked through.
These need to be served immediately - and they may not stay on the serving platter for long!!
Great with soy sauce, chopped chilli and coriander.
Please follow and like us: